After being involved in a car accident, your first thought is to get medical care. However, after the critical injuries are treated, you may be left with ongoing pain and aches that may diminish your quality of life. For this reason, you should consider chiropractic care from us at Weeks Wellness Chiropractic in Longmont, CO, to manage your pain.
Common Injuries after an Auto Accident
Injuries in a car accident can occur because of blows from objects in the vehicle. Also, airbag and seat belt injuries aren’t uncommon in an auto accident. The common injuries in a car accident may include:
- Whiplash: This injury occurs when your head suddenly jolts back and forth, causing micro-tears in your neck’s ligaments and tendons. If untreated, whiplash may cause symptoms like headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, neck pain, and stiffness.
- Back pain: Impact from an accident may create an auto accident injury in your back’s joints, muscles, nerves, bones, and other tissues.
- Shoulder pain: Car accidents cause injury to your shoulder’s muscles, joints, and bones. This results in pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Neck pain: Besides whiplash, your neck may also sustain injuries causing pain, stiffness, and soreness.
- Knee pain: it’s not uncommon to experience pain and stiffness in the knee region after a car accident.
- Herniated discs: Trauma from a car accident may cause parts of your spinal discs to shift out of place, impinging on a nerve. This nerve impingement causes back pain, tingling, weakness, and numbness in other body parts.
- Sciatica: Following a car accident, the sciatic nerve may be irritated, resulting in pain that radiates from the lower back to the legs.
Should you be involved in a car accident in Longmont, CO, you should see our chiropractor for quick relief. Delaying treatment or managing the injury yourself may complicate the situation, making your injuries harder to treat.
How Chiropractors Treat Auto Injuries
Even if you don’t have visible injuries or pain, you should visit our chiropractor. Some injuries like whiplash may not exhibit immediately after an accident, causing you problems later. Thankfully, chiropractic care may help eradicate such injuries before they become complicated.
Here are some of the common chiropractic treatments that may be used to manage auto injuries:
- Spinal manipulation: Following a car accident, your spinal joints may shift out of alignment, impinging on a nerve. Chiropractic adjustments align your spinal joints, reducing pain and improving mobility.
- Spinal decompression: We use a specialized table to stretch your spine, creating space in the vertebrae column.
- Corrective exercises: We recommend specific exercises to improve mobility and strengthen core muscles to avoid future injuries.
- Nutritional counseling: We recommend a suitable diet to hasten healing and reduce inflammation.
Contact Us for More Information about Pain Relief for Auto Accident Injuries
Have you been involved in a car accident in Longmont, CO? See our chiropractor for help with pain relief. At Weeks Wellness Chiropractic, we have can help treat various auto injuries. Call us at (303) 776-6596.